Ludlow Fringe is an independent Arts, Community and Culture festival. It was established as a Community Interest Company in 2013 to provide an annual inclusive, vibrant and diverse Arts Festival within the town of Ludlow during June and July. Now in its third year of providing Fringe events and activities, Ludlow Fringe is a genuine success and is forging links with other Fringe Festivals worldwide through the World Festival Network - linking with Brighton Fringe (the biggest Fringe Festival in England), Greater Manchester Fringe, Milton Keynes and Buxton Fringes and the Edinburgh Fringe (the biggest Fringe Festival in the world). We have also made international links by 'sistering' with the Azores Fringe and San Diego Fringe Festival.
Ludlow Fringes 2013 and 2014 were sponsored and supported by the Ludlow Town Council, Shropshire County Council and a number of independent local businesses. It has also gained patronage from Jo Brand.
So what was the Ludlow Fringe Festival like in 2014?
The numbers speak for themselves:
- Around 16,000 spectators/audience members
- Around 100 events taking place over three weeks
- More than 40 venues – from Ludlow Assembly Rooms and Ludlow Brewery to Appletree Theatre’s new performing studios, shops, pubs, cafes and community spaces around town
- Over 1000 participants
- All genres of art and culture – from visual arts to theatre and from comedy to cabaret
- Maximum ticket price of £12 with many events under £5 or free